As a set aside in the Land & Water Conservation Fund Act, the National Park Service is accepting applications for the urban competitive grant program titled Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program (ORLP). The ORLP focuses on parks, recreation and conservation in urban centers with a population of 50,000+.
Key points of the ORLP
- $15 million in competitive grants are available
- Grants will be awarded in amounts between $250,000 and $750,000 each
- Communities with populations of 50,000 or more are eligible • Priority is given to "economically disadvantaged areas"
- New for 2016 is a "planning grant" process - awards of up to $75,000
- Deadline to apply is Friday, May 20th
State and local government agencies may apply, and proposals should be developed in cooperation with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. The full funding opportunity announcement and pre-application materials are now available online at www.grants.gov.
Funding Opportunity Number: P16AS00065
Title: Land & Water Conservation Fund Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program
Deadline to Apply: Friday, May 20,2016
Parks Forever Consulting